Testing your products with Live Agents rather than IVR
This article might seem self-serving but actually it was one of the main reasons why we started VoiceGenX.
Ok you just spent the last year developing your product; spending a good amount of money during all the development. You worked very hard on the infomercial and picked the perfect host to represent your vision. You wanted the PERFECT PITCH.
Some of the big call centers out there tell you that you MUST use live agents for the test otherwise you will never know why some callers are not buying. Well here is where everything breaks down and that flawed logic will fail you. The main focus of any test is to maintain the same sales energy while bringing that consistent PERFECT PITCH to your viewers they just experienced on the TV.
So here is what you will experience with live agents
- Live agents are generally not going to answer in your brand. They answer saying, may I take your order. This is because most live centers issue you the same 800 numbers they just issued to 10 other companies. Only until the consumer says, yes, I want the widgetwill the agent know which script to read.
- Your potential consumers will now experience a vast array of personalities and pitches. Unmotivated, poorly trained, working from home with dogs barking and babies crying in the background, bad moods, just broke up with boyfriend or girlfriend, needs a coffee refill, etc. The inconsistency is overwhelming.
- They also have never seen your infomercial and have no idea how the product was represented. All they have is a computer screen with a script to read from. How many of these people are true sales people? Do you have control over them? Can you call in to test all 1000 agents that your success is relying on? Well the answer is clearly NO.
- You have 1 pitch person selling your product on TV why now would you settle for 1000 agents providing the most important part of your business! THE SALES PROCESS!
- Next you will be told, How else can you understand why the callers did not buy? You need the agents feedback they will say. Well I have been in this business for 17 years. I have never seen 1000 agents report to their manager and give their individual feedback. But rather they have 2 drop down boxes. 1. Product too expensive. 2. Consumer did not like offering. THATS all you get, simply because the agents are on to the next call. The call center managers never get their agents together in a room and ask what can be done to help our client? What can we tell them that will make their offer effective? What can we do better as a call center? NEVER HAPPENS! Its just not a possibility.
- So now you are on your own and you think maybe you can learn by listening to the call recordings well this becomes another problem. Recordings generally take weeks to acquire. So this wont work; you will burn through your media testing money before you get one recording.
- Caller will now experience upsells and cross sells in many cases 5 reads deep. The live agent MUST complete the call and keep the consumer on the call until the end. 1. This becomes a long expensive call. 2. Caller terminated calls are NOT sales, just a lost opportunity. Those opportunities are your lost revenue.
- Live agents cost roughly 4 times more per minute than IVR. In addition, the call lengths can be double the call lengths of an IVR.
NOW on to the self-serving part of the article. However, more accurately the appropriate, logical and most effective way to run your telemarketing
- With the Voicegenx IVR you will have the perfect pitch each and every time a call is answered, we answer representing your brand. You will be the only one to have that specific 800 number.
- We cost 4 times less then a live agent.
- We produce orders at a rate up to 30% better than live agents.
- We have shorter calls, so much less caller fatigue. We get to the business of selling and not tiring out the consumer.
- All calls are recorded in real time. You can listen to the interactions as soon as the consumer finishes the call.
- The IVR is never in a bad mood. It doesnt tire and it never complains about the round the clock hours it works. I have never had a disgruntled computer yet. LOL
- We listen to EVERY non-order call during the testing phase to analyze the reason for the non-order. We can tell you in real time where in the script callers terminate. This helps us adjust and modify the script.
- We have staff that actually will call the non-purchasing callers back and get their feedback as to why they didnt buy. Yes, yes we dont just put up a script and have a well our job is done attitude. We want you to succeed and we want to succeed with you.
- We can also run a split to see which script will perform better. We can allocate percentages to each script. Live can only use one at a time.
- Our reporting is also in real-time so the media companies can make fast and accurate decisions on upcoming media. Think about what this point alone can do for you.
- If a consumer terminates a call with our IVR before the call ends we still have a valid sale up to the point of the Consumers last YES.
I sincerely want to thank you for reading the article. We have seen so many great people and great products fail because they simply did not have the proper sales methods in place. There clearly is no better way to test your TV spot other than utilizing IVR.
About the Author
Joe Gioeli is the CEO of Mobilize.today and can be reached at:
Phone: (714) 595-9562