Multicultural Direct Response Advertising: The Savvy Marketer’s Best Kept Secret
In the past, “Multicultural” was synonymous with “Hispanic” in the minds of many marketers, but that is no longer the case. There are dozens of multicultural ethnic segments making up the mosaic that is the multicultural USA. Also, a significant number of them (most notably the Asian, South Asian and Middle Eastern communities) greatly over-index in virtually every possible economic criterion an advertiser could ask for.
These consumers have proven to be superior direct marketing customers across a broad spectrum of categories. Since so many of them are not consuming mainstream media, these campaigns are delivering exclusive and extended reach as evidenced by the more than 300 different direct response accounts who have seen healthy returns by connecting with these affluent multicultural consumers over the past several years.
This shouldn’t be surprising; given that these ethnic segments dramatically over-index the national average for household income, education, and occupation. These consumers are being reached by the same creative that advertisers are currently running on mainstream media – thus eliminating one of the most substantial and most costly barriers to entry for most advertisers.
Multicultural Direct Response Success Broke Down By Vertical
Here are some current examples of multicultural direct response success:
- An online automotive pricing website started with one network and 40 TV spots per week in October 2014 and has grown to eight networks and more than 400 spots per week currently.
- An online dating service launched with one network in May 2017 and grew to 15 networks and more than 1,000 spots per week by 1st Quarter 2018.
- A major home mortgage company began with three networks and 105 spots per week in 2015. They are currently running over 400 spots per week across 12 different networks.
- A major hair restoration company tested five networks in 2015. They are currently active on 16 different networks in 2018 which are the # 1 lead generation platform for this advertiser.
- A major non-profit organization launched their initial effort on seven networks in 3rd Quarter 2017. Their investment doubled less than six months later leading to new non-profit testing.
- A major home health product is now spending more than 50% of their response budget on these multicultural networks. They have tripled their weekly spend in less than a year!
The target demos for these clients range from A18-34 to A55+ and virtually everything in between!
The Critical Success Factors To A Multicultural Direct Response Campaign
India has at least 600 million millennials. India’s Generation Y is better educated and has a higher disposable income. This means more opportunities to travel, work and study abroad, and to buy their own homes.Asia-Pacific Analysis: Millennials come of age
The keys to success for all these clients and dozens of others is simple:
- Significantly more affluent consumers
- Less commercial clutter
- Exclusive audience and extended reach
- Aggregated cluster network delivery & efficiency
- Low out of pocket cost
Our niche multicultural networks have proven one thing to these and many of the 300 plus direct response advertisers – size doesn’t always matter!
Although these niche multicultural networks are in limited universes, qualified leads are generated, and more importantly, conversion rates are higher. We have seen conversion rates from advertisers mentioned above as well as other categories including health and beauty products, financial investments, insurance of all types, and others range from 28% to as high as 68%. It all comes down to converting leads to sales. Perhaps it’s time for more direct response marketers to take a harder look at these niche multicultural consumer markets to grow their sales to the next level.
In a world of ever-shrinking budget and demand for greater ROI, tapping into this lucrative market is remarkably easy and comparatively inexpensive. Emerging Networks, the leader in multicultural media marketing, provides a seamless one-stop shop, delivering millions of affluent consumers with a combined annual buying power of more than $500 Billion.
President – Emerging Networks LLC | LinkedIn
Emerging Networks is the only multicultural media rep firm serving the South Asian market and other emerging ethnic segments in the united states with national, local television platforms and event marketing. Emerging Networks provides an efficient one-stop shop for clients and agencies looking to tap into the fastest growing and most affluent ethnic segment in the country.